Want to create and show Events Calendar on your WordPress website, you’re on the right page. There’re many events calendar plugins designed for WordPress but the most popular and easy-to-use plugin is The Events Calendar. The Events Calendar WordPress plugin by Modern Tribe #1 plugin for creating and managing events calendar.
Table of Contents
The Events Calendar Plugin
The Events Calendar WordPress Plugin by Modern Tribe is the #1 Events Calendar Plugin that comes with easy to use interface. It is used to create and adjust events calendars on WordPress websites. The plugin has been installed more than 800,000 times and also has 1860+ good reviews from customers.
Why You Should Choose The Events Calendar Plugin by Modern Tribe?
Maybe you think that many events calendar plugins can be used for creating and managing events calendars. So why I should use The Events Calendar plugin by Modern Tribe? Here’s a list of reasons to use The Events Calendar Plugin over other plugins.
1. #1 WordPress Plugin
The Events Calendar Plugin is the #1 events calendar plugin that has been installed more than 800,000 times. There isn’t another plugin that is more installed than this plugin.
2. Easy to Use Interface
The plugin has an easy-to-use interface that everyone (newbies) can easily use for creating and managing events calendars. It provides a search option that allows finding events calendar through keywords and dates.
3. Reliablity and Stability
This plugin has been used and checked by most WordPress experts and they ensure its reliability and stability.
The popular Event Calendar Plugin comes with many templates which you can use. In addition, it lets you enjoy customization as you wish. The plugin enables three style options such as Full Styles, Tribe Event Styles, and Skeleton Styles.
5. Comprehensive Knowledge Base
The Events Calendar plugin’s site publishes helpful content for its users like guides, tutorials, code snippets, etc. Learning them helps you to use the plugin efficiently and properly.
6. Mobile Friendly
The events calendar that’s created looks responsive on mobile and tablet devices.
7. Google Map
Not only that, the plugin is integrated with Google Map that shows the event’s location.
FREE And PRO
The plugin comes with FREE and PRO versions.
If you just want to create, show, and manage simple events calendar on your website (without advanced functionalities), then you don’t need to pay for it, go with its FREE version. With the FREE version, you get the following basic features.
- Month, list, and day view
- Complete Responsive
- Tags and Categories
If you need to create, show and manage high-quality events calendars, you should choose the PRO version. Here’s a list of advanced features that are included in the PRO version.
- Premium Support
- Recurring Events
- Custom Fields
- Elementor Integration
- Advanced Widgets
- Additional Calendar Views
- Event Manager
- Location Search
That being said, it has 5 plans based on website numbers.
- $99/year for 1 site
- $149/year for 3 Sites
- $299/year for 10 Sites
- $349/year for Multisites
- $750/year for Unlimited Sites
I recommend that you select one of them based on your requirements and needs but if you’re just starting out, then select the first one (basic plan).
Let’s install the plugin to create the events calendar on the WordPress website.
How to Install The Events Calendar Plugin on WordPress?
To add an events calendar to your site, you have to install The Events Calendar Plugin. The following steps navigate you to install the plugin.
- First of all, log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Then, walk through this sequence.
Plugin (from left sidebar menu) > Add New > Type “The Events Calendar” in the search bar
- Click on the adjacent “Install” button near to The Events Calendar Plugin.
- After installing it, click the “Activate” button.
So the plugin has been installed and activated, now it’s time to create categories for the events calendar.
How to Create Category for Events Calendar?
In starting, you should create categories for the events. You can categorize your events into these categories when you publish the events calendar. The following steps dictate creating categories for the events calendar.
- Firstly, open WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click the “events” and then “categories” from left navigation menu.
- Next, enter the category name, slug and description.
- Once you enter these details, then hit the “Add new event category” button.
Thus the categories can be added and then you can choose them.
How To Create Events Calendar on WordPress Site?
As we have installed the plugin, now it’s time to add an events calendar to the WordPress site.
- First things first. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click “events” from the left-hand sidebar and then “add new“.
- There opens a new window, that allows inserting all details related to your events calendar like creating a blog post.
- When you insert all details completely, scroll down and enter more details to include:
1. Start and End Date: (Set up the event’s start and end date)
2. Location: Enter the Venue Name, Address, City, Country, State or Province, Website, Phone, Postal Code, and Google Map.)
Google Map: As you know The Events Calendar Plugin is integrated with Google Map. So you can show the events’ location via Google Map.
3. Organizers: (Within the Organizers Section, you can select an already existing organizer and also you can create a new organizer.)
4. Event Website: (Insert the event website’s URL)
5. Event Cost: (From there, you can set a price that will be paid out by the event attendees. Additionally, it allows you to show the currency symbol before price or after the price.)
- Next, you have to choose the category from the left sidebar that reflects your event, otherwise, you can create a new one.
- Once you enter all details, then click publish button from the left-hand sidebar to show the events calendar on your WordPress site.
How to Preview the Events Calendar on the site?
After creating an events calendar, now we are going to see how the events calendar looks on your site. Simply, click on the “events” button from the top bar menu to navigate to the events calendar page.
Once you click on that, you will land on the events calendar page.
So I hope this article has helped you to create an events calendar on your WordPress site using The Events Calendar Plugin. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. If you have any questions or want to give us a suggestion, comment below. we will be glad to hear from you.